Certain areas will need specific actions, to be properly set up and photo-ready. Add specific items to your general list, focusing on each area at a time. The real estate photography checklist bellow will help you keep things simple and neat. Decluttering is the key to a successful first impression on your perspective buyer or renter. When everything looks “picture perfect” in reality, you will have the perfect images also. Since all property searches start with an online search in the first place, the importance and impact of real estate photo is of magistral proportions. Each area of
your property needs certain care, but there are some steps that apply to all areas, so before focusing on each part of your house, you need to follow an over-all general to do list, that will help you get things started:
– Clean all the areas of your property thoroughly, including windows, carpets, hardwood floors, counter tops.
– Make sure all the light bulbs are working and replace the ones that need replacing, using the same type of light bulbs everywhere for even light.
– Turn all the lamps and overhead lights on.
– The TV’s need to be turned off, and in case you have any ceiling fans or any other type of fans, these should be turned off also.
– Do not close blinds, so that you have the natural light coming in.
– Personal photographs should be removed or replaced with general ones, since the photos you will have after the photoshoot will be on the internet.
– Make sure no items that need to be inside of a cupboard or closed are left outside.
– Reveal the floors of your property as much as you can by removing small, decorative rugs you might have.
Preparing your home for a photo-shoot using a list can be easy and efficient, instead of making you feel like its a burden. All the above steps are meant to give you an idea on how to start preparing your property for a professional real estate photography session. Using a list will make you feel accomplished once all the items are checked and will for sure make your property look better in the pictures.